Lead Developer / CTO / Technical Co-Founder
Posted: August 19, 2020
Company Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Work Location: REMOTE
Reports To: CEO
INTERESTED? GREAT! Please send your resume and cover letter (or email) to email@example.com
Summary Medical, Inc. is an early-stage remote-first insurance technology startup. We are developing software to help insurance companies quickly and accurately review medical records using Optical Character Recognition and Natural Language Processing. We are looking for a Lead Developer to design and develop progressively more advanced versions of our software including demonstration and production versions. This is a "greenfield" opportunity and the Lead Developer will have significant discretion over the product architecture and technology stack. For the right person, this can become a CXO and/or Technical Co-Founder opportunity.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE - YOU MUST BE ...
* an excellent full-stack web application developer
* comfortable using ((Python && (Flask || Django)) || (Ruby && (Sinatra || Rails)) || (JS && Express)))
* comfortable integrating third-party libraries, modules, etc. into web applications
* able to deploy web applications to a variety of hosting environments like Heroku, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
* able to develop product roadmaps for internal and external audiences
* a productive, responsive and timely self-starter who understands "startup time"
* an excellent communicator when it comes to email, status reports, documentation, and occasional presentations
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE - IT'S BETTER IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH ...
* Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software such as Tesseract, Amazon Textract, and Abbyy FineReader
* Natural Language Processing (NLP), regular expressions, and other software that can be used to parse and understand clinical texts
* developing secure B2B and Enterprise SaaS solutions with single- and multi-tenancy
* working in the life & health insurance industry
* working with clinical documents such as medical records
* leading and developing junior developers
* Work arrangements are negotiable.
* This position can be full-time, part-time, as-needed, hourly, salaried, employee, contractor, etc. Let's talk!
* You must be legally authorized to work in the United States as we can not sponsor employment visas at this time.
* This is a remote position. However, once work returns to normal we may ask you to visit Milwaukee for a few days 1-3 times per year.
* Compensation, including a possible equity grant, is negotiable based on skills, experience, and work arrangements.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE? GREAT! Please send your resume and a cover letter (or email) to firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you know someone who'd be a good fit for this position, please point them to this job posting
* Also, if you have suggestions for improving this posting, we'd appreciate hearing from you!